Are there specific exercises that can help ED?

Cardiologist (Heart Specialist)

The best exercise is always the one that you enjoy doing. If you like to walk, that's great, because research shows that men who walk at least two miles a day have a much lower risk of erectile dysfunction (ED) than sedentary men. But don't stop there. Set as your goal walking 10,000 steps a day. That's roughly five miles. Buy a pedometer and clip it on your belt to count all the steps you take every day, even when you're not officially exercising. I like a regular program of stretching and yoga because they can increase flexibility within your blood vessels, and yoga is a great stress buster. But cycling can be a problem: Some studies have found that long-distance cycling can compress the blood vessels, nerves and tissue in the penis. But a specially designed seat can reduce this pressure.

You can also do pelvic floor exercises that involve the tightening and relaxing of muscles in the pelvis. These exercises are taught by taught by a physiotherapist or physical therapist and then practiced at home.

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Some men with erectile dysfunction (ED) find that they can improve their ability to maintain an erection with Kegel exercises, which strengthen the muscle that enables you to stop your urine stream mid-flow.

In addition, lack of physical activity is a risk factor for cardiovascular (heart and vessel) disease, diabetes, and high blood pressure, all of which cause ED. Not exercising enough can also cause obesity, which can make these health problems worse. In some cases, medications used to manage these health problems also cause ED. For this reason, increasing the amount of exercise you get can help improve your health overall and your ability to get and maintain an erection.

Continue Learning about Erectile Dysfunction

Should You Take Medication for Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction (ED), the inability to get or keep an erection for sex, is a common ailment. About 30 million American men have some degree of ED...
Is impotence the same thing as erectile dysfunction (ED)?
Impotence is another term that refers to erectile dysfunction (ED) although the term impotence i...
Does erectile dysfunction mean that I am infertile?
Not at all. Erectile dysfunction and infertility are very different terms. You may be producing perf...
When Should I Call My Doctor If I Have Erection Problems?