Can erectile dysfunction be caused by prescription medication?

Tony L. Willson, MD
Family Medicine
Most certainly.  There are a variety of medication classes/types that contribute to erectile dysfunction.  Most commonly found in your medicine cabinet include medications that treat high blood pressure, anti-depression/anti-anxiety medicines, as well as common over-the-counter medications like zantac, benadryl, and certain anti-inflammatory medicines.  

Continue Learning about Erectile Dysfunction Causes

Does the brain play a role in having an erection?
The brain is your most powerful sex organ. It is your brain that sends out the signals that radiate ...
Can antidepressants cause erectile dysfunction?
Antidepressants can get between you and your lover in several ways. The most common type, called SSR...
Why Can't I Get an Erection?
Why Can't I Get an Erection?
Is It Important to Look For Psychological Causes of Erectile Dysfunction?