Could I have chickenpox and not even know it?

Yes, you could have chickenpox and not show signs of it. This is because the rash doesn't show up for two days after having caught the virus from an infected person. At this time, you might feel more irritable, have a fever, cough, or feel some pain in your abdomen. These symptoms may persist once you have the rash or go away all together.

Continue Learning about Chicken Pox

How is chickenpox related to shingles?
Chickenpox and shingles share the same cause - the varicella-zoster virus. This virus may stay in yo...
How long should I keep my child out of school with the chickenpox?
The trouble with chickenpox is that it is contagious for a good majority of the time your child has ...
How long does chickenpox usually last?
Chickenpox usually sticks around for longer than you'd like. The blisters don't all appear at once. ...
When should I call my child’s doctor about chickenpox?
James FortenberryJames Fortenberry
Call your child’s doctor if your child: • Is lethargic (does not smile or show interest in playing ...