Will a bath spread a chickenpox rash?

Don't worry. Baths will not spread the rash you have from chickenpox from one part of the body to another. Actually, baths are encouraged for people with chickenpox because they can help relieve itching. It is far better to take a cool water bath to help the itch than to scratch at it.

Continue Learning about Chicken Pox

Is chickenpox serious?
When chickenpox infects a normally healthy child, it usually will clear up without special treat...
Will my unborn baby be immune to chickenpox if I already had it?
Yes, your baby will receive the antibodies to fight off chickenpox through the placenta. This is cal...
When should I call my child’s doctor about chickenpox?
James FortenberryJames Fortenberry
Call your child’s doctor if your child: • Is lethargic (does not smile or show interest in playing ...
Can my child go to school if he or she has chickenpox?
Chickenpox is very contagious. It can be spread by blister contact or through the air. Most schools ...