How long does chickenpox usually last?

Chickenpox usually sticks around for longer than you'd like. The blisters don't all appear at once. You'll find that some of the rash has blistered and is scabbing over when other parts are just starting to blister. All in all, it seems that it takes 10 days to as long as 21 days for the virus to get out of your system.

Continue Learning about Chicken Pox

Is chickenpox serious?
When chickenpox infects a normally healthy child, it usually will clear up without special treat...
How long does chickenpox usually last?
Chickenpox usually sticks around for longer than you'd like. The blisters don't all appear at once. ...
When should I call my child’s doctor about chickenpox?
James FortenberryJames Fortenberry
Call your child’s doctor if your child: • Is lethargic (does not smile or show interest in playing ...
What is chickenpox (varicella)?
Chickenpox (varicella) is a highly contagious viral infection that is transmitted by airborne dr...