How long does chickenpox usually last?

Chickenpox usually sticks around for longer than you'd like. The blisters don't all appear at once. You'll find that some of the rash has blistered and is scabbing over when other parts are just starting to blister. All in all, it seems that it takes 10 days to as long as 21 days for the virus to get out of your system.

Continue Learning about Chicken Pox

When should I call my child’s doctor about chickenpox?
James FortenberryJames Fortenberry
Call your child’s doctor if your child: • Is lethargic (does not smile or show interest in playing ...
Can my child go to school if he or she has chickenpox?
Your child should not go to school if he or she has chickenpox. Chickenpox is extremely contagious a...
Will my unborn baby be immune to chickenpox if I already had it?
Yes, your baby will receive the antibodies to fight off chickenpox through the placenta. This is cal...
How long should I keep my child out of school with the chickenpox?
If your child has chicken pox, you should keep him out of school until he is no longer contagious. C...