Body Mass Index (BMI)

What is the difference between BMI and body composition?

• Body mass index only evaluates an individual’s height and weight.  Body composition evaluates the breakdown of fat and fat free mass, giving a better estimate of fitness level and health risk. 
    Helpful? 2 people found this helpful.
  • Body Mass Index or BMI is the measure of one's body fat based on only your height and weight and more commonly used to to access health risks associated with increased body mass. Your body composition is calculated from the percentage of body fat, muscles, bones, water , and tissues in your body and provides and more detailed estimate of your conditioning.
    Helpful? 4 people found this helpful.
How can I make my body mass index more favorable?