What are the benefits to anger control?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Controlling your anger will help you feel more in control and able to deal with various situations you face. You will learn how to deal with your feelings better and more effectively. In addition, you should experience improvements in relationships such as less fighting and better communication. You should feel better physically, feeling less stress and fewer physiological symptoms associated with anger. Feeling better and using your anger constructively will also allow you to focus your energies on things that are important to you, giving you a greater sense of accomplishment and purpose.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

How can an anger management contract help me control my anger?
Raychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPCRaychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPC
Signing an anger management contract is a way of making a commitment. It is like promising yours...
How can I avoid getting angry when provoked?
On a sheet of paper, list your button releases or pet peeves that trigger your anger and then make s...
Can an anger management program reduce my risk of heart disease?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
An analysis of 50 studies that included almost 2,000 volunteers found that anger management prog...
Do anger control problems run in families?
Unfortunately, anger control problems can run in families. As children see certain behaviors and att...