What are the physical effects of anger?

People have different physical responses to anger, but some of them may include teeth grinding, flushing, paling, fists clenching, prickly sensations, sweating muscle tensions, temperature changes and numbness.
Anger usually is obvious by our facial expressions.

Women often describe anger as a slow burn, while men describe it as a fire or flood that rages within them. It also varies by cultural norms. Some Asian cultures, for instance, experience anger in a milder way and for a shorter period of time than Caucasian Americans.

In either case, your body is gearing up to survive or fight the wrong that has been perpetrated against you. Chemicals like noradrenaline and adrenaline surge through the body.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

zen and the art of injury prevention
zen and the art of injury prevention
Do not tackle a tough physical task if you are seeing red . research suggests that being angry may increase a person risk of injury nearly seven-fold ...
what are the treatment options for anger control problems ?
The main treatment options are individual counseling or a group program. In individual counseling se...
how can i help my child manage anger before an outburst ?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Here are steps to guide you in managing inappropriate anger in your child before an outburst and tea...
how can i teach my child healthy anger management skills ?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
If you want your kid to handle anger more appropriately then you must teach her a new behavior t...