Is something wrong if I don't orgasm every time I have sex?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Most likely, nothing is wrong if you don't have an orgasm every time you have sex. In fact, it's pretty rare for a person to orgasm during every sexual encounter. Being able to orgasm depends on many circumstances, including your mood, your current relationship with your partner, your level of stress and fatigue, and your physical stimulation. Because of this, you may engage in sexual activity, and even become very aroused, without ever actually having an orgasm. Having sex without orgasming is completely normal and healthy. However, if you're never able to have an orgasm during sex, there may be a deeper underlying problem. If that's the case, talk to your doctor about finding a solution.

Continue Learning about Achieving Orgasm

can alcohol cause delayed ejaculation ?
Madeleine M. Castellanos, MDMadeleine M. Castellanos, MD
A small amount of alcohol may put you in the mood for sex, but larger quantities can impair not only...
why is orgasm hard to achieve early in a relationship ?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
A woman is less likely to have orgasms early in a relationship. Her body needs time to adapt to the ...
how can i enjoy sex if my partner has premature ejaculation ?
Try to approach premature ejaculation (PE) as a challenge and experiment to discover ways to share s...
how can i give a woman an orgasm without intercourse ?
Ian Kerner, PhDIan Kerner, PhD
In my experience, one of the most effective and satisfying ways to get a woman off is with oral sex,...