Is something wrong if I don't orgasm every time I have sex?

Most likely, nothing is wrong if you don't have an orgasm every time you have sex. In fact, it's pretty rare for a person to orgasm during every sexual encounter. Being able to orgasm depends on many circumstances, including your mood, your current relationship with your partner, your level of stress and fatigue, and your physical stimulation. Because of this, you may engage in sexual activity, and even become very aroused, without ever actually having an orgasm. Having sex without orgasming is completely normal and healthy. However, if you're never able to have an orgasm during sex, there may be a deeper underlying problem. If that's the case, talk to your doctor about finding a solution.

Continue Learning about Achieving Orgasm

Can women climax easier if they're relaxed?
Ian Kerner, PhDIan Kerner, PhD
Studies show that women are more likely to orgasm when comfortable and relaxed during sex. Resear...
How can I improve my ability to orgasm?
Many people experience trouble having an orgasm at some point in their lives, but there are many way...
Can I give myself an orgasm?
It's possible to have an orgasm without having sexual intercourse and even without another person. Y...
How can I reach orgasm if my partner has premature ejaculation?
Madeleine M. Castellanos, MDMadeleine M. Castellanos, MD
There's a whole world of sexual activities that have nothing to do with when a guy ejaculates -- or ...