Can alcohol cause delayed ejaculation?

Madeleine M. Castellanos, MD
Psychiatry
A small amount of alcohol may put you in the mood for sex, but larger quantities can impair not only a man's ability to achieve and maintain an erection, but his ability to ejaculate as well. This is because alcohol is a central nervous system depressant and slows down brain activity that is needed to achieve orgasm.

Continue Learning about Achieving Orgasm

How can I achieve the best orgasm?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
There is only one kind of orgasm. Sure, you can achieve it in different ways. But in the end, an org...
How does age affect the ability to orgasm?
As people age, their bodies go through changes that may affect their sexuality, including their abil...
As a man, how can I help my partner reach orgasm?
Good In BedGood In Bed
Sex isn't necessarily better when it's longer. If you're not hitting all the right spots, she's not ...
Is something wrong if I don't orgasm every time I have sex?
Most likely, nothing is wrong if you don't have an orgasm every time you have sex. In fact, it's pre...