Can alcohol cause delayed ejaculation?

Madeleine M. Castellanos, MD
Psychiatry
A small amount of alcohol may put you in the mood for sex, but larger quantities can impair not only a man's ability to achieve and maintain an erection, but his ability to ejaculate as well. This is because alcohol is a central nervous system depressant and slows down brain activity that is needed to achieve orgasm.

Continue Learning about Achieving Orgasm

How can I give a woman an orgasm without intercourse?
One of the most effective and satisfying ways to get a woman off is with oral sex. That’s only true,...
How can I enjoy sex if my partner has premature ejaculation?
How can I enjoy sex if my partner has premature ejaculation? You can help by switching to other type...
As a man, how can I help my partner reach orgasm?
As a man, how can I help my partner reach orgasm? Sex isn't necessarily better when it's longer. Lea...
Is something wrong if I don't orgasm every time I have sex?
Being able to orgasm depends on many circumstances, so should you orgasm every time you have sex? Fi...