Is it common to have a ticklish clitoris?

The clitoris is a very sensitive structure. In fact, it has about 8,000 nerve endings concentrated in the tiny tip, which is the most concentration of nerve endings in any body part for both men and women. This is twice as many nerve endings as a man has on the tip of his penis! Because there are so many nerve endings, stimulation of the clitoris is the most common method for women to achieve orgasm. Many women would describe the sensation of touching their clitoris as ticklish, others might call it tingly. It can be so sensitive for some women that they consider the feeling to be unbearable or "too much" if it is touched directly. If this is the case, stimulating the clitoris from the side along its shaft and over the skin that covers it is the best way to go, so that it can be stimulated without overwhelming the nerve endings.

Continue Learning about Achieving Orgasm

As a man, how can I help my partner reach orgasm?
Good In BedGood In Bed
Sex isn't necessarily better when it's longer. If you're not hitting all the right spots, she's not ...
Why should my partner see a doctor if he has delayed ejaculation?
Madeleine M. Castellanos, MDMadeleine M. Castellanos, MD
Get a clean bill of health for your partner if he has delayed ejaculation (DE) -- consistent trouble...
Can alcohol cause delayed ejaculation?
A small amount of alcohol may put you in the mood for sex, but larger quantities can impair not only...
What kind of emotional factors can affect my ability to orgasm?
Dr. Marsha LucasDr. Marsha Lucas
Boredom is just one of many things that can get in the way of a great orgasm, says neuropsychologist...