Why do I have a constant sweet taste in my mouth?

If you have a constant sweet taste in your mouth, it’s possible you have taste impairment, meaning there’s a problem with your ability to taste. There are many reasons for taste impairment, including a nasal infection, cold, or flu. It could also be related to an ear infection, vitamin B12 or zinc deficiency, swollen gums, certain medications you are taking, a side effect of smoking pipes, exposure to some chemicals (such as insecticides), or dental problems. If the taste disorder is related to your dental hygiene or care, your dentist can diagnose the problem. Otherwise you might want to see your doctor. An otolaryngologist, also known as an ear, nose, and throat doctor, would be a good specialist to consult about taste impairment problems, such as a constant sweet taste in your mouth.

Continue Learning about Oral Health

8 Things Your Breath Reveals About Your Health
8 Things Your Breath Reveals About Your Health 8 Things Your Breath Reveals About Your Health 8 Things Your Breath Reveals About Your Health 8 Things Your Breath Reveals About Your Health
Stop throwing mints at the problem—find out what's causing your bad breath.  By Rose Hayes Your breath can tell a lot about your health, from clues ...
7 Worst Foods for Tooth Enamel Loss
7 Worst Foods for Tooth Enamel Loss7 Worst Foods for Tooth Enamel Loss7 Worst Foods for Tooth Enamel Loss7 Worst Foods for Tooth Enamel Loss
Find out the worst foods for tooth enamel loss and acid erosion in teeth ok Guess what? Sugar isn't the biggest culprit when it comes to a fizzy drink...
7 Bad Habits That Wreck Your Teeth
7 Bad Habits That Wreck Your Teeth7 Bad Habits That Wreck Your Teeth7 Bad Habits That Wreck Your Teeth7 Bad Habits That Wreck Your Teeth
From sipping sugary sodas to chewing on pen caps, some common habits are terrible for your teeth. Want a healthy, white smile? Things you may be doing...
How Can I Help Someone Get Over a Fear of Going to the Dentist?