A Healthy Smile = A Healthy You
Your teeth and gums speak volumes about your overall health. Keeping them in sparkling shape requires the right habits, a healthy diet and routine professional dental care. Here, brush up on the basics of good oral health.
Dig In for a Healthy Mouth
A variety of delicious foods benefit your teeth and gums. Want to infuse your meals and snacks with some smile-saving nutrition -- and spend less time in the dentist's chair getting pricey procedures? Make friends with these foods (and avoid a few others) and you'll truly have something to smile about.
Your Guide to Healthy Teeth and GumsGet the Tips
Try AskMDFind out what may be causing your mouth symptoms
Within 24 hours
That's how fast plaque can grow on your teeth
if you don't do THIS
Oral Health Q&As
Dante Gonzales, MD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
How does maintaining good oral health benefit my overall health?
The mouth is the gateway to the body, says Dante Gonzales, DMD. In this video he explains how the health of your . . .
- Q What's causing my face pain?
- Q When should I call my doctor if I have malocclusion?
- Q What is an underbite?
- Q How do I know if I have a temporomandibular disorder?
- Q Why do I need to go to the dentist?
- Q Can I have gum disease and not know it?
- Q What will my dentist tell me about oral health care during my pregnancy?
- Q Should I choose dental products with the ADA Seal?
- Q Should I get dental work done in another country?
- Q What increases my risk for malocclusion?
Recent Oral Health Articles
You brush and floss daily and visit your dentist twice a year, so how else can you add some sparkle to your smile? Start with these smart moves.
Top Foods That Cause Plaque -- and Cavities Worst Case Scenario … I Didn’t Floss How the Economy Hurts Your Teeth Dental Dos and Don'ts See All Articles