A Healthy Smile = A Healthy You
Your teeth and gums speak volumes about your overall health. Keeping them in sparkling shape requires the right habits, a healthy diet and routine professional dental care. Here, brush up on the basics of good oral health.
Dig In for a Healthy Mouth
A variety of delicious foods benefit your teeth and gums. Want to infuse your meals and snacks with some smile-saving nutrition -- and spend less time in the dentist's chair getting pricey procedures? Make friends with these foods (and avoid a few others) and you'll truly have something to smile about.
How to Brighten Your SmileTake the Quiz
Try AskMDFind out what may be causing your mouth symptoms
Within 24 hours
That's how fast plaque can grow on your teeth
if you don't do THIS
Oral Health Q&As
Dante Gonzales, MD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
How does maintaining good oral health benefit my overall health?
The mouth is the gateway to the body, says Dante Gonzales, DMD. In this video he explains how the health of your . . .
- Q Why is oral health in older adults important?
- Q What causes your gums to swell?
- Q Why has oral health deteriorated over the last several years?
- Q Why do baby teeth look different from adult teeth?
- Q Where can I find information on the Internet about dental health?
- Q What is dental plaque?
- Q What are the symptoms of malocclusion?
- Q When does dental plaque become dangerous?
- Q Where can I get free dental care?
- Q What does a dental lab technician do?