Is it painful to have drainage tubes removed after tummy tuck surgery?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
There is a myth circulating through the rumor mill that pulling out the drain tubes is painful. It's not. Taking the drainage tubes out is a painless procedure performed in your surgeon's office, and it usually takes about two seconds per side. So if you've heard that this process is extremely painful, rest assured that it is not.
The Beverly Hills Shape: The Truth About Plastic Surgery

Dr. Stuart Linder, Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, specializes in body sculpting procedures in the heart of Beverly Hills, California. Dr. Linder has trained in both general...

Continue Learning about Abdominoplasty Or Tummy Tuck

How do I know if I am a good candidate for a tummy tuck?
John F. Burnett, MDJohn F. Burnett, MD
A good candidate for a tummy tuck is usually someone who’s lost a lot of weight—male or female. A go...
Can liposuction be performed with a tummy tuck?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Liposuction can certainly be performed with a tummy tuck. In fact, the majority of abdominoplasty th...
What Is an Abdominoplasty?
What Is an Abdominoplasty?
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
What Is a Tummy Tuck?