Is it painful to have drainage tubes removed after tummy tuck surgery?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
There is a myth circulating through the rumor mill that pulling out the drain tubes is painful. It's not. Taking the drainage tubes out is a painless procedure performed in your surgeon's office, and it usually takes about two seconds per side. So if you've heard that this process is extremely painful, rest assured that it is not.
The Beverly Hills Shape: The Truth About Plastic Surgery

Dr. Stuart Linder, Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, specializes in body sculpting procedures in the heart of Beverly Hills, California. Dr. Linder has trained in both general...

Continue Learning about Abdominoplasty Or Tummy Tuck

How much does a tummy tuck cost?
Erik A. Hoy, MDErik A. Hoy, MD
Procedure costs vary between surgeons and geographic locations, but a sample range of prices for tum...
Can I have a tummy tuck if I plan on getting pregnant?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
The best candidates for tummy tucks are women who have already had all their children. In a norm...
What should I expect during a tummy tuck?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
In the preop area before tummy tuck surgery, your surgeon will draw a line on the middle of your...
What is a tummy tuck?
Mark Sisco, MDMark Sisco, MD
A tummy tuck is designed to improve the shape of the abdomen by removing excess skin, excess fat, an...