When will my doctor remove stitches following a tummy tuck?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
After a tummy tuck, I prefer to leave sutures in for fourteen to twenty-one days in order to prevent the incisions from opening up. The stress and tension placed on the incision site after this particular procedure is considerable, and I like to give the body additional time to secure the wound. Compression garments are also used after surgery for six to eight weeks. These help to compress the entire surgical area as well as the surrounding tissue. This facilitates the reduction of swelling.
The Beverly Hills Shape: The Truth About Plastic Surgery

Dr. Stuart Linder, Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, specializes in body sculpting procedures in the heart of Beverly Hills, California. Dr. Linder has trained in both general...

Continue Learning about Abdominoplasty Or Tummy Tuck

What are my options if I am unhappy with my tummy tuck results?
Tara WhitworthTara Whitworth
During the first few weeks and months after surgery, your body is still trying to adjust, so don’t b...
Is a tummy tuck part of the surgery to repair diastasis recti?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Normally, when performing a tummy tuck, we repair or plicate the rectus muscle fascia. The rectus di...
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
What Is an Abdominoplasty?
What Is an Abdominoplasty?