- If you want to become a father, you may be unable to impregnate your partner.
- Your relationship your romantic partner may become strained.
- Your self esteem may plummet.
- You may feel depressed or anxious.
A Answers (3)
Mehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology, answeredThe most obvious complication that accompanies erectile dysfunction, or ED, is that your sex life is bound to become a lot less fun and rewarding. But from that problem, others are likely to arise.
Complications of erectile dysfunction include the following:
- Psychological problems may exist along with ED, such as depression, stress, and anxiety. PTSD, or post traumatic stress disorder, is a type of anxiety that can occur in individuals after traumatic events such as sexual abuse, physical assault, witnessing a death, the unexpected death of a loved one, or natural disaster. PTSD can contribute to ED.
- Because sexual performance is often a big part of a man's self-esteem, experiencing erectile dysfunction (ED) can be devastating not only to a man's sex life, but to his emotional outlook also. ED can cause men to feel inadequate in their sexual role with their mate. Men who are suffering from ED tend to isolate themselves from their relationships and withdraw from their partners. The psychological effects of ED can invade every aspect of a man's life, from his relationship with his partner, to his interactions on a social level, to his job performance. Therefore, it is important for a man who is suffering from ED to feel as comfortable as possible discussing his condition with his partner, and with his physician, in order to discover the treatment strategy that can best help overcome this condition.
You should read product labels, and discuss all therapies with a qualified healthcare provider. Natural Standard information does not constitute medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Copyright © 2012 by Natural Standard Research Collaboration. All Rights Reserved.
Honor Society of Nursing (STTI) answered
Men with erectile dysfunction (ED) may have various complications, some serious, including:
- Marital discord
- Relationship problems or break-ups
- No sexual relationships
- An unsatisfactory sex life
- Added emotional stress or anxiety
- Low self-worth
- Inability to conceive a child naturally with sexual intercourse.
Erectile dysfunction may also be related to serious health complications such as heart disease and high blood pressure.