How do I find out about walking groups for seniors?

Some of the best places to find walking groups may include going to your local senior center. They may have listings for walking groups and additional groups may also be present. Other areas may include your local recreational center or police department. Anything that has community involvement should list walking groups for seniors and more.

Most communities have senior recreation centers that have a lot of activities including walking clubs/outings.  You can contact your local senior center for information on its programs.  The YMCA is also a good source for information on walking groups for all ages.

Continue Learning about Walking Groups

How can walks with friends make exercise more fun?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
Turning a walking routine into social time can make exercise more fun and increase the rewards of th...
How can I connect with others who are interested in walking?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
The first place to look for someone to walk with will be within your place of work.  All of your co-...
How can I introduce my child to walking for fitness?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Introduce them simply by bringing them out for a short walk. As you walk, point out different areas ...
How can I find walking partners?
Michael NirenbergMichael Nirenberg
A great group is the American Volksport Association. They are a non-profit group that advocates "FUN...