What vitamins can help protect my skin from sun damage?

Vitamin E might be called the great defender, since it protects cell walls and regulates collagen breakdown. E works best with helper antioxidants like C. Small studies show that swallowing C and E supplements significantly increases the skin's ability to stand up to the sun's ultraviolet (UV) rays. Rubbing on products that contain a combo of C and E also helps prevent damage when used before sun exposure. Since sun is the number one skin ager, this is good to know.
Currently, there are no vitamins that protect your skin from sun damage. The most effective way to protect your skin is to limit your sun exposure by using sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher, applying frequently and wearing protective clothing.

Continue Learning about Vitamins

What Vitamins Should I Take to Slow Aging?
Does a Multivitamin Make Sense for You? It Depends
4 Things to Know Before Taking Herbal Remedies
Can Vitamin Therapy Treat ADHD?
Can Vitamin Therapy Treat ADHD?