question

Should I take vitamins even if I eat right?

dotFIT
dotFIT
answer
If you ate right, which is defined as the healthiest food options that meet your calorie and activity needs and supply all needed essential nutrients, then you would not really need to supplement your diet. However, no one eats right. The amount of calories it would take to meet dietary guidelines would exceed 2400 calories a day, and that is for a non-exerciser. Obstacles to ideal nutrient intake are a lack of daily activity that would allow you to eat that much and poor food choices that are high in sugar, salt and fat. The activity required to handle that many calories would make you, by default, an exerciser…increasing your needs over those of a sedentary person. The real-life likelihood that someone focused on health eats a perfect diet is slim. For most people, even though calorie intake is above needs, nutrient intake is inadequate for ideal health. For the majority of people, the use of a properly formulated multivitamin and mineral formula, like the dotFIT ActiveMV, will fill in the gaps and ensure better nutritional status. 

Continue Learning about Vitamins

Biotin: Does It Really Strengthen Your Hair and Nails?
There are many nutritional supplements that claim to help you grow luxurious, long hair and nails. One of the more popular is vitamin B7, otherwise kn...
Can intake of vitamin pills cause swelling and joint pain?
Vitamins usually do not cause swelling and joint pain. Learn more from our experts about vitamins.
What vitamins can help protect my skin from sun damage?
What vitamins can help protect my skin from sun damage? Vitamin E can help protect your skin from su...
7 Supplements You Probably Don’t Need
7 Supplements You Probably Don’t Need7 Supplements You Probably Don’t Need7 Supplements You Probably Don’t Need7 Supplements You Probably Don’t Need
Hit the kitchen before you head to the pharmacy—you can get nearly all your essential vitamins and minerals from food. Nearly 68 percent of Americans...