question

Should I take my vitamin D with vitamin C?

Stacy Wiegman, PharmD
Stacy Wiegman, PharmD
Pharmacy
answer
Vitamin C and vitamin D are found together in many multivitamins, so taking them together should not be a problem for most people. However, if you're at risk for kidney stones, consult your doctor before taking supplements. Vitamin D, vitamin C and calcium all can raise your risks for kidney stones, especially when taken in high amounts. Talk to your doctor about whether you should take vitamin supplements and, if so, which ones are the best for you.

Continue Learning about Vitamins

Biotin: Does It Really Strengthen Your Hair and Nails?
There are many nutritional supplements that claim to help you grow luxurious, long hair and nails. One of the more popular is vitamin B7, otherwise kn...
The One Type Of Vitamin Many Women Need
The One Type Of Vitamin Many Women Need
For many people, eating a healthy, balanced diet is the best way to get the vitamins and minerals your body needs. But even a very healthy diet might ...
Are there tests to determine if I need to take vitamins?
Are there tests to determine if I need to take vitamins? Yes, there are tests to determine if you ne...
7 Supplements You Probably Don’t Need
7 Supplements You Probably Don’t Need7 Supplements You Probably Don’t Need7 Supplements You Probably Don’t Need7 Supplements You Probably Don’t Need
Hit the kitchen before you head to the pharmacy—you can get nearly all your essential vitamins and minerals from food. Nearly 68 percent of Americans...