Should I take my vitamin D with vitamin C?

Vitamin C and vitamin D are found together in many multivitamins, so taking them together should not be a problem for most people. However, if you're at risk for kidney stones, consult your doctor before taking supplements. Vitamin D, vitamin C and calcium all can raise your risks for kidney stones, especially when taken in high amounts. Talk to your doctor about whether you should take vitamin supplements and, if so, which ones are the best for you.

Continue Learning about Vitamins

Banned Ingredients Still Found in Supplements
Don’t believe everything you hear when it comes to health supplements. It’s important to sleuth out -- and avoid -- harmful products advertised on TV,...
What vitamins should I take if I avoid the sun?
Ross M. Levy, MDRoss M. Levy, MD
Vitamin D can be obtained through sun exposure and diet. It is much more important for you to pr...
8 Foods That Can Replace Your Multivitamin
8 Foods That Can Replace Your Multivitamin8 Foods That Can Replace Your Multivitamin8 Foods That Can Replace Your Multivitamin8 Foods That Can Replace Your Multivitamin
Skip the pharmacy and shop the produce department instead. About one-third of Americans take a multivitamin. These supplements typically contain a ble...
Best Time to Take Your Calcium Supplement