If your doctor has told you that you do need extra iron, you should take it on an empty stomach, since that's how it's best digested. (You can also take it with a glass of orange juice, since vitamin C improves absorption.) If iron makes your stomach hurt, you may need to pair it with a small amount of food. Don't take it with milk, calcium or whole grains, all of which reduce absorption.
- Q What is the maximum daily dosage of One-a-Day Women’s multivitamin?
- Q What should I look for in a multivitamin?
- Q Should I take a multivitamin if I am trying to get pregnant?
- Q Can taking a multivitamin boost my memory?
- Q Who should not take One-a-Day Women’s multivitamin?
- Q Should seniors take a multivitamin with iron?