If your doctor has told you that you do need extra iron, you should take it on an empty stomach, since that's how it's best digested. (You can also take it with a glass of orange juice, since vitamin C improves absorption.) If iron makes your stomach hurt, you may need to pair it with a small amount of food. Don't take it with milk, calcium or whole grains, all of which reduce absorption.
- Q What are the benefits of taking a multivitamin?
- Q What is One-a-Day Women’s multivitamin?
- Q Who should not use a prescription prenatal, postnatal multivitamin?
- Q Do women who take multivitamins die sooner than those who don't?
- Q What are the side effects of Multi Vitamin Concentrate?
- Q Why should women take a multivitamin?