question

Can I crush vitamin supplements before swallowing?

Univ. of Nev. School of Medicine, Family Medicine
answer
If you want to crush your vitamin supplements before swallowing them, review the bottle labels to check if they disallow crushing. If in doubt, check with your pharmacist, who would have access to further information.

Continue Learning about Vitamins

Biotin: Does It Really Strengthen Your Hair and Nails?
There are many nutritional supplements that claim to help you grow luxurious, long hair and nails. One of the more popular is vitamin B7, otherwise kn...
3 Must-Have Vitamins for Great Skin
3 Must-Have Vitamins for Great Skin
Sometimes your skin likes it better when you slather on your vitamins rather than swallow them. To give your skin a youthful glow, experts recommend ...
The One Type Of Vitamin Many Women Need
The One Type Of Vitamin Many Women Need
For many people, eating a healthy, balanced diet is the best way to get the vitamins and minerals your body needs. But even a very healthy diet might ...
Are there tests to determine if I need to take vitamins?
Are there tests to determine if I need to take vitamins? Yes, there are tests to determine if you ne...