How do I perform the Davies test?

The Davies test is used to assess upper body agility and stabilization.

On the floor, place two pieces of tape 36 inches apart. The client, or athlete, begins in a push up position with one hand on each piece of tape. The client will then quickly touch their right hand to their left hand, continuing to perform alternating touches on each side for a period of 15 seconds. Record the number of lines touched by both hands.
This test is repeated three times.
*Please note: the Davies test should not be performed with individuals who lack sufficient shoulder stability.
Place 2 pieces of tape on the floor 36 inches apart. Get into push-up position with one hand on each piece of tape. During the assessment, you will quickly move your right hand to touch the left hand, performing alternating touches for 15 seconds. Ask your partner to set their timer for 15 seconds and count your repetitions.
Begin the assessment and count/record the number of lines touched by both your right and left hands (repetitions). Repeat the assessment 3 times.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a hop with stabilization with a turn?
Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and pointed straight ahead. Lift your chest, lower and con...
What is the first step in maintaining good posture while exercising?
Sadie LincolnSadie Lincoln
The first step is to focus on the foundation of your posture. The foundation is what is in conta...
How Do I Perform a 1-Hand Medicine Ball Push-Up?