What exercises can increase the power of my tennis forehand?

Increasing the power of your tennis forehand is largely the result of increasing whole body power, strength, and technique. To increase technique, work with a tennis coach. The power from a tennis forehand or backhand largely comes from strength and power in the legs, hips, and core musculature. To increase strength in the legs and hips, exercises like the squat, dead lift, and barbell step-up would be effective. To increase power in the legs, perform explosive exercises like the power clean, squat jumps or box jumps. For core strength, perform floor crunches or weighted crunches on a stability ball. To increase power and explosiveness in the core, perform exercises like medicine ball or cable wood chops.

Continue Learning about Tennis

Why is playing tennis good for my health?
Tennis is a fun and challenging workout that will work many different parts of your body. Tennis wil...
Is tennis an aerobic or anaerobic sport?
Tennis is mainly an aerobic sport because of the length of the rest between games and sets. Howe...
How should I select a tennis racket?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Here are some tips for selecting a tennis racket:Size: Beginners should choose a larger frame with...
What can I do to decrease pain in my wrist while playing tennis?
Make sure you have the right racket size and weight, do wrist and grip exercises, and look into ...