How can I exercise if I am always too tired after work?

You may want to try and incorporate some extra steps throughout the day doing what you are already doing.  Purchase a pedometer (you can get them for $5-$10 at Walmart) and slowly work your way up to 10000/day. You can increase your number of steps by standing and going for a walk a little more often at work, park further away from the main entrance, take the stairs instead of the elevator, etc. This way you have already burned some extra calories throughout the day without making any extra time to exercise.  Once you have worked your way up to 10000 steps/day, you can start working on portion control and incorporating some healthier foods choices to your meals and snacks.

Fatigue is one of the main reasons why you might not exercise at all. However, exercise has shown to boost metabolism and re-energize the body. You do not have to do all of your exercising at the end of the day. You can try working out in the morning, at lunch or even through the day. Many employers now encourage walking meetings, so instead of sitting at a desk, why not discuss work initiatives during a walk. Instead of sitting in a lunch room, or at your desk, eat lunch then go for a walk for the remainder of your work hours. 

During the evening hours, instead of watching TV from the couch, do sit-ups and push-ups during commercial breaks. During the show, do lunges and squats to work the legs. If you do this through two TV shows you will be getting a good workout. The bottom line, you can always find ways to add exercise into activities of daily living.  

If you are always too tired to exercise after work, find a time when your energy is highest. You could plan to do something active before work or during the day. For example, you could try walking for 30 minutes during your lunch break a few days each week. Remember that increasing the amount of physical activity you do will actually increase your energy.

Continue Learning about Staying Motivated For Fitness & Exercise

3 Ways Exercise Helps You Stay Young
3 Ways Exercise Helps You Stay Young
Feeling less than inspired when it's time to hustle over to the gym? We're betting these three workout benefits will fire up your motivation. (Try the...
How can exercising with others benefit me?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Exercising with others is a great motivator and something that many individuals, especially those wh...
Once I start exercising, how can I keep going?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
The first question I have for you is what is your motivation?  Have you started because you want to ...
How Can I Stick to An Exercise Routine?
How Can I Stick to An Exercise Routine?