How should I spot someone for a power clean?

Physical spotting is not recommended for the Olympic lifts. Due to the explosive and dynamic nature of the lifts, it is generally advised that only one person be on the platform at any one time. Instead of spotting, new lifters are taught how to dump the bar in case of a bad or missed lift. For a bar that is in front of an athlete, it is advised to push against the bar and step back to avoid it. For a bar who's path is traveling behind the lifter, it is advised to push against the bar and move forward to avoid it.

Continue Learning about Sports & Athletic Performance

How often should I train for a vertical jump or standing broad jump event?
Specifically practice each type of jump at least once a week to be comfortable with the testing proc...
Is Peformance Mind-Based or Body-Based?
Is Peformance Mind-Based or Body-Based?
Does the Athletic Challenge for Peak Performance Translate to Common Goals for Everyone?
Are Athletes Better Protected Today?
Are Athletes Better Protected Today?