Should I let others know that I am quitting smoking?

Absolutely.  If you commit to it by telling others, they will help you and not sabotage you.  That is actually a key thing.  If someone offers you a cigarette while you are quitting, remember they are a saboteur and not a real friend.  Talk to others about helping you quit smoking.  That is, ask them, or enroll them in the same method of smoking cessation as you are going to, especially if they smoke.  That way all of you can, in fact, get the benefits of smoking cessation and can support each other.
Robert S. Kaufmann, MD

You should especially if your friends are smokers so they won't ask you to go out and have a cigarette with them. I think that all the support you can get from your friends and anybody around you is a benefit.

Irwin Isaacs
You should only share your decision to stop smoking with others who you expect to be supportive.
There are no rules regarding this. It is up to you to decide who you want to tell and whether you think they will be supportive and helpful in your desire to quit. 
Spread the word: You are done with tobacco. Telling your friends and family members that you are quitting smoking helps your cause in several ways. For starters, friends and loved ones can give you encouragement and emotional support during that tough period of giving up nicotine. Enlist as allies friends who have successfully beat nicotine addiction. And don't forget to tell your pals who still smoke that you're quitting too. If they're really your friends, then they won't smoke around you or offer you cigarettes, which will help you control the urge to light up.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
Will quitting smoking reduce my risk for emphysema?
If you quit before you get it, yes.  And even if you quit once you have got lung disease, it often a...
Is it better to quit smoking gradually or cold turkey?
West Valley Medical CenterWest Valley Medical Center
Quitting smoking cold turkey has been proven more effective than quitting gradually.
The Best Time to Quit Smoking
The Best Time to Quit Smoking