Should I let others know that I am quitting smoking?

Spread the word: You are done with tobacco. Telling your friends and family members that you are quitting smoking helps your cause in several ways. For starters, friends and loved ones can give you encouragement and emotional support during that tough period of giving up nicotine. Enlist as allies friends who have successfully beat nicotine addiction. And don't forget to tell your pals who still smoke that you're quitting too. If they're really your friends, then they won't smoke around you or offer you cigarettes, which will help you control the urge to light up.
There are no rules regarding this. It is up to you to decide who you want to tell and whether you think they will be supportive and helpful in your desire to quit. 
Irwin Isaacs
You should only share your decision to stop smoking with others who you expect to be supportive.
Robert S. Kaufmann, MD

You should especially if your friends are smokers so they won't ask you to go out and have a cigarette with them. I think that all the support you can get from your friends and anybody around you is a benefit.

Absolutely.  If you commit to it by telling others, they will help you and not sabotage you.  That is actually a key thing.  If someone offers you a cigarette while you are quitting, remember they are a saboteur and not a real friend.  Talk to others about helping you quit smoking.  That is, ask them, or enroll them in the same method of smoking cessation as you are going to, especially if they smoke.  That way all of you can, in fact, get the benefits of smoking cessation and can support each other.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
What drugs may interact with varenicline?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Some patients who took varenicline along with nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) reported higher rat...
Can I get help by telephone or over the Internet to quit smoking?
SCAISCAI
If you want help with quitting smoking but are not easily able to get to an office for in-person or ...
How Smoking and Blood Pressure Affect Your Heart’s Age