What are the differences between orgasms for men and women?

Emily Nagoski
Emily Nagoski on behalf of Good In Bed
There are some differences between men’s and women’s orgasms. Specifically, women take longer to orgasm and are less likely to orgasm from penile-vaginal penetration. And if the goal is for two people to have an orgasm at the same time, then how long it takes you to come and what kind of stimulation gets you there -- well, those are things you need to be able to match up. You need three things for that: You need a high degree of control over your own sexual response. You need a modality that provides enough of the right kind of stimulation to get you both to orgasm. You need a minute awareness of your partner’s level of arousal. In short, you need control, modality, and attention.
The Good in Bed Guide to Female Orgasms

The Good in Bed Guide to Female Orgasms

Want to learn how to achieve 487 different kinds of orgasms?If so, you’re reading the wrong guidebook. Despite what many in the media would have you believe, there’s no such thing as a rainbow...

Continue Learning about Orgasm

Why do people cry after orgasm?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
People cry with orgasms for lots of reasons, and not just with their first. Deeply loving orgasm...
What is ejaculation?
Madeleine M. Castellanos, MDMadeleine M. Castellanos, MD
In porn, ejaculation is the big pay-off to all of a man's effort in the sack -- the "money shot,...
Where Are My Partner's Erogenous Zones?
Where Are My Partner's Erogenous Zones?
Can Orgasms Improve Health?
Can Orgasms Improve Health?