How are dopamine and serotonin linked to premature ejaculation?

Ian Kerner, PhD
Sexual Health
The brains of guys with premature ejaculation (PE) may be wired to have less serotonin-related activity and more dopamine-related activity, which makes them more susceptible to PE. The best way to manage PE through brain chemistry is to raise serotonin while lowering dopamine during sexual activity.
The Good in Bed Guide to Overcoming Premature Ejaculation

From the New York Times best-selling author of She Comes First arrives the definitive guide to managing premature ejaculation – a book that could save your sex life!Do you suffer from PE? Are you...

Continue Learning about Premature Ejaculation

What is chronic premature ejaculation?
Madeleine M. Castellanos, MDMadeleine M. Castellanos, MD
For many guys, premature ejaculation (PE) is a chronic problem that they've been dealing with their ...
With premature ejaculation, why should I let my partner reach orgasm first?
Ian Kerner, PhDIan Kerner, PhD
When she’s come first, it not only removes a lot of pressure, but also creates a context for you to ...
What Are the Most Common Concerns Men Have About Their Sexual Health?
How Might a Man React to Having Premature Ejaculation?