How important is mastering oral sex if I have premature ejaculation?

Ian Kerner, PhD
Sexual Health

Premature ejaculation (PE) is less of a problem if you can satisfy a woman, regardless of how that happens. Many men with PE become skilled at oral sex. Oral sex isn’t just the most consistent way to give a woman an orgasm, it takes the pressure off your penis and allows you to slow down and observe.

It’s imperative that you focus more on satisfying your partner, period, and less on whether her orgasm occurs through intercourse. Partners of men with PE are more likely to cheat, especially if they are not achieving orgasms in other ways. Many women will say that it’s okay, and generally women seem more accepting of sexual experiences that don’t always include orgasms, but this is really the exception rather than rule, and we should not get into the mindset of diminishing the importance of the female orgasm as part of the overall experience of sex. Your partner is less likely to be angry and aggravated about your PE if she’s feeling fulfilled. She still might be frustrated that sex needs to happen in a certain way or that she’s limited in pleasuring you, but in general she’ll be more supportive. Give your partner an orgasm and you shift PE from Code Red to a more tolerable situation for you both.

The Good in Bed Guide to Overcoming Premature Ejaculation

From the New York Times best-selling author of She Comes First arrives the definitive guide to managing premature ejaculation – a book that could save your sex life!Do you suffer from PE? Are you...
Sari Cooper
Sexual Health

Mastering oral sex can be an important ingredient in a sexual pantry whether or not you have premature ejculation. With premature ejaculation, you need to be more focused on other ways to pleasure your partner. Since the majority of women climax through stimulation of their clitoris the ablity to explore and expand your technique has the power to limit the frustration she may be feeling about the PE.  

Look for more information about giving good oral sex at my site www.saricooper.com 

Continue Learning about Premature Ejaculation

What could be causing my inability to ejaculate?
Dr. Harry Fisch, MDDr. Harry Fisch, MD
The inability to ejaculate, or delayed ejaculation, can be caused by certain medications, and also t...
Can premature ejaculation be a sign of a more serious health problem?
Dr. Harry Fisch, MDDr. Harry Fisch, MD
Premature ejaculation is a very common sexual dysfunction, but it is typically not indicative of a m...
How Do I Cope If Sexual Health Issues Make Me Feel Like Less of a Man?
What Causes Premature Ejaculation (PE)?
What Causes Premature Ejaculation (PE)?