What activities make sciatica pain worse?

There are several activities that may worsen your sciatica pain. These include straightening your leg, running, walking, stair-climbing, lifting the leg up from a lying position, or sitting for too long. In some cases, sneezing or coughing or even laughing may aggravate it. You may find relief from the pain by straightening your back, or resting on a firm mattress or sitting with the feet on the floor for a short period of time.

Continue Learning about Sciatica

What is the treatment of sciatic nerve pain?
Medical Center of TrinityMedical Center of Trinity
Some of the treatment options for sciatica include physical therapy, chiropractic care, TENS units, ...
How does sciatica affect the body?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Sciatica is a symptom that usually occurs due to nerve root compression in your lower spine. The com...
Will bed rest help my sciatica?
Bed rest may further weaken muscles around the spine and cause further problems.
What should I know about caring for someone with sciatica?
If you are caring for someone with sciatica, reassure them that sciatica will often go away by itsel...