question

How many menstrual periods does the average woman have?

answer
Most women will have 350 menses in their lifetimes. Our female ancestors had only about 100 menses, due to constant pregnancy and breastfeeding. This means that therapies that reduce the monthly event might be more natural than we suspect. In theory, this would also reduce the incidence of cancer of the reproductive organs.
You: Staying Young: The Owner's Manual for Extending Your Warranty

International bestselling authors of YOU: The Owner's Manual and YOU: On a Diet give you all the tools and know-how to stay young and defy the ageing process. Drawing lively parallels between your...

Continue Learning about Menstruation

When will I have my last period?
It is very difficult to predict when you will experience your final menstrual period. Learn more fro...
What causes stomach pain during my menstrual cycle?
Abdominal pain during the menstrual cycle can have more than one cause. Learn more from our experts ...
5 Ways to Relieve Menstrual Cramps
5 Ways to Relieve Menstrual Cramps5 Ways to Relieve Menstrual Cramps5 Ways to Relieve Menstrual Cramps5 Ways to Relieve Menstrual Cramps
How to soothe those monthly aches and pains Everyone’s period is different—some people may get a few extra pimples but otherwise feel fine, some may ...
Severe Period Signs You Shouldn’t Ignore
Severe Period Signs You Shouldn’t IgnoreSevere Period Signs You Shouldn’t IgnoreSevere Period Signs You Shouldn’t IgnoreSevere Period Signs You Shouldn’t Ignore
Bleeding and cramping are typical, but these signs may mean it's time to see a provider. Periods are a natural part of the biological monthly cycle f...