How many menstrual periods does the average woman have?

Most women will have 350 menses in their lifetimes. Our female ancestors had only about 100 menses, due to constant pregnancy and breastfeeding. This means that therapies that reduce the monthly event might be more natural than we suspect. In theory, this would also reduce the incidence of cancer of the reproductive organs.
You: Staying Young: The Owner's Manual for Extending Your Warranty

International bestselling authors of YOU: The Owner's Manual and YOU: On a Diet give you all the tools and know-how to stay young and defy the ageing process. Drawing lively parallels between your...

Continue Learning about Menstruation

The One Tampon Complication Can Be Life-Threatening
The tampon was invented in 1929 by Dr. Earl Haas, and many women immediately found it to be a more convenient option. But having your period was a tab...
Is it dangerous to have irregular periods?
Daniel R. Spogen, MDDaniel R. Spogen, MD
In general, it is not dangerous to have irregular periods. Having irregular periods can be quite nor...
Severe Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t Ignore
Severe Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t IgnoreSevere Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t IgnoreSevere Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t IgnoreSevere Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t Ignore
We all have bleeding and cramping, but these red flags may mean it's time to see your gyno.
Can I Get Pregnant When I Have My Period?