The Unique Female Body
Women's bodies are complex machines. Cycling hormones bring monthly annoyances, such as PMS, breast lumps and moodiness. Add to that birth control (for when you don’t want to get pregnant) plus possible fertility issues (for when you do) and menopause, and you've got a lot going on "down there." Start here for help.What's up down there? Test your smarts
Is it Time
Find One Near You
AskMDCheck your symptoms with our free consultation
The number of U.S. women diagnosed with cervical cancer each year
Women’s Health Q&As
What are the symptoms of menopause?
There are several symptoms and signs of menopause, including:
- Q What is a normal menstrual cycle?
- Q What is a concerning finding during a physical breast exam?
- Q What is the reason behind violence against women by men?
- Q Why might I have depressed shoulders if I am a woman?
- Q Can I have a laparoscopic hysterectomy if I have had a C-section?
- Q How can I know if I'm ready to have a child?
- Q Why do women live longer than men?
- Q How are women affected by the pressure to conceive?
- Q What changes can I experience from menarche to menopause?
- Q When should I worry if one breast is bigger than the other?