What are the different types of protein?

Protein can be categorized into two types: complete and incomplete proteins. Proteins are made up of smaller units, called amino acids. Complete proteins contain all of the amino acids your body needs and include meat, fish, poultry, dairy, and soy products. Foods that are lacking or are very low in one or more essential amino acids are considered incomplete proteins. These foods include beans, grains, nuts, and vegetables.

Continue Learning about Protein

do i have to eat meat to get enough protein in my diet ?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
No you don’t have to meat in order to get enough protein in your diet. Plant based protein sources i...
how much protein should i have in my diet ?
Annette Moore, MSN,NASM Elite Trainer,RNAnnette Moore, MSN,NASM Elite Trainer,RN
Protein needs vary depending on the individual's lean body mass, activity and caloric intake. Protei...
how can i eat more protein without adding fat ?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
Choose leaner protein sources to add more protein while keeping the fat content low. Lean protein fo...
What the best time to eat protein ?
What the best time to eat protein ?