What are medium-fat meats?

Manuel Villacorta
Medium fat meats contain up to 15% fat. This is the highest fat-content beef, and what we typically purchase just because we may not read the label. I often hear that my clients believe grass-fed beef is leaner, but they are sadly mistaken.
Eating Free: The Carb-Friendly Way to Lose Inches, Embrace Your Hunger, and Keep Weight Off for Good

Eating Free reveals why the prevailing wisdom on weight loss--low-calorie, no carbs, high-intensity exercise--sharply clashes with the facts of human biology and human nature, setting dieters up for...
Toby Smithson

Medium fat meats contain from 4-7 grams of fat per ounce. Whereas lean meat contains 0-3 grams and high fat meat contains 8 grams or more/serving. Meats that fall into a medium fat group are ground beef, short ribs, lamb rib roast, pork roast, and chicken with the skin. Recommendations are to select lean cuts of meat to help keep the saturated fat and cholesterol down in your diet.

Continue Learning about Protein

Am I Eating Enough Protein?
Am I Eating Enough Protein?
Perhaps you’ve seen the headlines: Americans eat too much protein. But the truth is more complicated than that. The amount you need depends on many fa...
Which foods should I eat to get the most protein in my diet?
Eating cottage cheese instead of yogurt gives you more protein in your diet. Watch the video to find...
What is protein?
Alberto Gamboa , NASM Elite TrainerAlberto Gamboa , NASM Elite Trainer
Calories are made up of three macronutrients: carbs, proteins, and fats which yield energy for the b...
Why Is Protein Important for My Brain?
Why Is Protein Important for My Brain?