What are medium-fat meats?

Toby Smithson

Medium fat meats contain from 4-7 grams of fat per ounce. Whereas lean meat contains 0-3 grams and high fat meat contains 8 grams or more/serving. Meats that fall into a medium fat group are ground beef, short ribs, lamb rib roast, pork roast, and chicken with the skin. Recommendations are to select lean cuts of meat to help keep the saturated fat and cholesterol down in your diet.

Manuel Villacorta
Medium fat meats contain up to 15% fat. This is the highest fat-content beef, and what we typically purchase just because we may not read the label. I often hear that my clients believe grass-fed beef is leaner, but they are sadly mistaken.
Eating Free: The Carb-Friendly Way to Lose Inches, Embrace Your Hunger, and Keep Weight Off for Good

Eating Free reveals why the prevailing wisdom on weight loss--low-calorie, no carbs, high-intensity exercise--sharply clashes with the facts of human biology and human nature, setting dieters up for...

Continue Learning about Protein

if i workout , do i need to supplement with a protein powder ?
If you are just working out, you will not need a protein powder. Is there a reason you might? Ye...
can a high-protein diet help me build muscle ?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
High-protein diets can help athletes build muscle depending on the type of protein consumed and the ...
what is texturized vegetable protein ?
Chad KramerChad Kramer
Textured or texturized vegetable protein or texturized soy protein (also known as TVP or TSP) is a m...
why should i include protein in my breakfast ?