Does insurance cover an orthodontic night guard?

Dante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
There are dozens of different dental insurance companies and within those companies there are hundreds of different plans tailored for each company or person buying the insurance. You would have to check with your insurance company to find out if your plan covers an orthodontic night guard.

Most dental insurance companies do cover night guards at a certain percentage, but some do not. Night guards are very beneficial for those patients that need them. Paying out of pocket for a night guard may help save you money in the long run by preventing chipping, tooth fractures, excessive wear, TMJ problems, and soreness/pain in  the ligaments around the teeth.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

what dental problems can a bad bite cause ?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Correcting a malocclusion (bad bite) can result in better oral health because crooked and crowde...
will braces make it hard for me to play musical instruments ?
Because braces are fixed on the front surface of the teeth, it can affect the playing of some musica...
am i too old to get braces ?
Braces are not only for the young, even though the majority of people who have braces are adolescen...
how do i take care of my teeth if i have braces ?
Braces can be dislodged by chewing hard foods or candy, or even chewing on things like pencils. It i...