How does fiber make me feel full?

Not only do high fiber sources like fruits and vegetables tend to be low in calories, but the fiber they contain slows digestion, which helps to keep you feeling full. For example, an apple is more filling than apple juice because of the fiber it contains. Additionally, foods that contain fiber often take longer to chew, giving you time to realize that you are satisfied on a smaller portion. A high fiber diet has also been linked to other health benefits including lower blood cholesterol levels, better blood sugar control, and bowel regularity.

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

what about kitchen things like vinegar and cayenne pepper for weight loss ?
The best thing for weight loss found in the everyday kitchen is healthy food in the right amount...
how can eating more frequently help me lose weight ?
According to RealAge's Dr. Mike Roizen, eating less -- but eating more often -- is better than gorgi...
What wrong with the american healthcare system today ?
are all processed foods bad for you ?
are all processed foods bad for you ?