How can I keep my blood sugar below 100 mg/dL to lose weight?

I am a little confused by the question. I assume if you are that aware of your blood sugar on a constant basis than maybe you are diabetic? If this is true then maintaining your blood sugar at a lower level is very important and eating foods that have higher levels of protein and fat while eating low glycemic-index carbohydrates becomes essential to your dietary needs. If your goal is weight loss and you are not diabetic than it is critical that you determine a caloric intake need on a daily basis and make sure you eat consistently less than this determined number to affect weight loss.

If you want to lose weight and you are diabetic than the weight loss process can aid tremendously in maintaining a healthy level of blood sugar. This is because of the simple fact that calorically restricted diets reduce blood sugar on the whole by definition. What you would do is focus on foods that are higher in proteins and healthy fats while keeping your sugars coming from the low-glycemic index variety all the while keeping your total caloric picture in deficit.

Tim Ferriss
Fitness
To keep your blood sugar under 100 mg/dL, just follow a handful of simple rules based on the literature and my personal tracking, in addition to the basic tenets of a slow-carb diet:
  • Eat decent quantities of fat at each larger meal. Saturated fat is fine if meat is untreated with antibiotics and hormones.
  • Spend at least 30 minutes eating lunch and dinner. Breakfasts can be smaller and thus consumed more quickly.
  • Experiment with cinnamon and lemon juice just prior to or during meals.
The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman

Thinner, bigger, faster, stronger... which 150 pages will you read?Is it possible to: Reach your genetic potential in 6 months? Sleep 2 hours per day and perform better than on 8 hours? Lose more fat...

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

A Calorie is Not Just a Calorie
A Calorie is Not Just a Calorie
In 1918, when Lulu Hunt Peters published her best-selling Diet and Health: with key to the calories, she was offering American women her personal solu...
Can my child eat sweets while trying to lose weight?
TriStar StoneCrest Medical CenterTriStar StoneCrest Medical Center
Even if you are trying to get your child to lose weight, let him or her eat some sweets. It’s import...
8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss
8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss
Lose weight (without sacrificing flavor) with these simple food swaps.
Should I Eat a European Diet?
Should I Eat a European Diet?