What should I avoid while taking Benadryl?

While taking Benadryl, there are certain things to avoid. First of all, you should avoid driving or engaging in risky activities until you know how you react to Benadryl. Side effects of Benadryl, such as blurred vision, dizziness and tiredness can affect your ability to perform tasks safely. Additionally, you should avoid consuming alcohol as this increases the drowsiness effect of Benadryl. Avoid sedatives and tranquilizers for the same reason. If you are taking an oral form of Benadryl, you should not use a skin product version of it at the same time. Using an oral and topical Benadryl simultaneously can lead to an overdose.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What is the best over-the-counter antihistamine?
Sky Ridge Medical CenterSky Ridge Medical Center
When it comes to the best over-the-counter (OTC) antihistamines, I try hard to base my preferences n...
What are side effects of antihistamine nasal sprays?
Side effects may include headaches, a sensation of burning in the nose, nosebleeds, sneezing, a bitt...
Do antihistamines have any side effects?
Side effects may include abdominal pain, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and constipat...
Are tetrahydrozoline eye drops safe for people of all ages?
Tetrahydrozoline is considered safe. But always check with your health-care provider. Tetrahydrozoli...