What should I avoid while taking Benadryl?

While taking Benadryl, there are certain things to avoid. First of all, you should avoid driving or engaging in risky activities until you know how you react to Benadryl. Side effects of Benadryl, such as blurred vision, dizziness and tiredness can affect your ability to perform tasks safely. Additionally, you should avoid consuming alcohol as this increases the drowsiness effect of Benadryl. Avoid sedatives and tranquilizers for the same reason. If you are taking an oral form of Benadryl, you should not use a skin product version of it at the same time. Using an oral and topical Benadryl simultaneously can lead to an overdose.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

Are tetrahydrozoline eye drops safe for people of all ages?
Tetrahydrozoline is considered safe. But always check with your health-care provider. Tetrahydrozoli...
What other medications do oral antihistamines interact with?
If you are taking an opioid, antihistamines may not be good options for you. If you are taking a dr...
What should I know before taking cromolyn?
It is not known if cromolyn is safe or effective for children and adolescents under 18 years of age....
How do decongestants interact with other medications?
If you are taking linezolid, nasal decongestants can lead to side effects and should be avoided. If...