How does flunisolide nasal spray work?

Flunisolide is a corticosteroid that blocks the allergic reaction by minimizing or preventing the body's reaction to the allergen. Flunisolide nasal spray is used to treat nasal symptoms such as congestion, sneezing and runny nose caused by seasonal or year-round allergies.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What is an antihistamine?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Antihistamines are medicines that treat mild allergic reactions. Antihistamines come in tablets and ...
What is the best over-the-counter antihistamine?
Sky Ridge Medical CenterSky Ridge Medical Center
When it comes to the best over-the-counter (OTC) antihistamines, I try hard to base my preferences n...
Do oral antihistamines have side effects?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Oral antihistamines have side effects, including dry mouth and tiredness. The most commonly used sec...
How can I explain anesthesia to a child?
Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SLRocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SL
Children may have concerns about anesthesia before surgery. You can explain to them that there are n...