Is postdrome phase serious?

Postdrome phase is not serious as it signals the end of a migraine headache. Migraine headaches, on the other hand, can be serious as they strike very quickly. In some cases they can lead to blind spots in your vision, nausea, dizziness, and an aversion to light, sound, and smell. Individuals suffering from migraine headaches and the postdrome phase should seek immediate rest and take any medication prescribed to them for their migraine headache.

Continue Learning about Migraine Headaches

What Are Acute and Preventative Migraine Therapies?
What Are Acute and  Preventative Migraine Therapies?
Migraine therapies fall into two main categories: acute and preventative. Learn why you may need both to manage migraines.
How does the aura phase affect the body?
During the aura phase, waves of electrical impulses move throughout various areas of the brain. This...
5 Times Your Headache Is Something More Serious
5 Times Your Headache Is Something More Serious5 Times Your Headache Is Something More Serious5 Times Your Headache Is Something More Serious5 Times Your Headache Is Something More Serious
Learn the signs that make neurologists worry. 
How Can I Tell if My Headache Is a Migraine?