How do women react towards menopause?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Women react differently to menopause, the period when fertility ends. According to the Massachusetts Women's Health Study, the majority of women are indifferent or positive about menopause.

The "change of life" is welcomed by many women and signals more freedom (from getting pregnant), independence, and a time to reassess priorities and goals. According to the study, these women improved their personal lives after menopause. About three-fourths of women between the ages of 50 and 65 who participated in the survey said they used menopause as a time to make healthy lifestyle changes such as quitting smoking and losing weight. 

Continue Learning about Menopause

How Does Menopause Affect My Risk of Heart Disease?
Can Exercise Improve Hot Flashes?
Can Exercise Improve Hot Flashes?
Can a Proper Diet Help in Dealing with Hot Flashes?
When Should I See a Doctor for Menopause Symptoms?