Hot flashes? Mood swings? No, you're not crazy—you're just in menopause. Going through the Big Change isn’t always easy: Fluctuating hormone levels of menopause cause a host of symptoms — including some that can take you by surprise. Not only that, but the symptoms can change over time. Find out what to expect and when to get help.Take Our Quiz
Foggy Brain, Gaining Weight?Try Brain Fit Life
AskMDFind out how to manage your menopause symptoms
The average age of menopause in the US.
North American Menopause Society
How will menopause affect my daily activities and lifestyle?
Menopause is a natural part of life, not a disease or a health crisis. However, menopause may occur when many other changes are happening in your life. For instance, your children may . . .
- Q Why is a blood test necessary for menopause?
- Q How can I help my partner as she goes through menopause?
- Q If menopause isn't an illness, why should I see my doctor?
- Q How does natural menopause occur?
- Q What is positive about midlife when women have to deal with menopause?
- Q Which societal attitudes affect the experience of menopause in women?
- Q What changes should I look for between gynecological exams?
- Q How can I evaluate various research studies on menopause?
- Q Can menopause happen at 37?
- Q How do women react towards menopause?