Hot flashes? Mood swings? No, you're not crazy—you're just in menopause. Going through the Big Change isn’t always easy: Fluctuating hormone levels of menopause cause a host of symptoms — including some that can take you by surprise. Not only that, but the symptoms can change over time. Find out what to expect and when to get help.Take Our Quiz
Foggy Brain, Gaining Weight?Try Brain Fit Life
AskMDFind out how to manage your menopause symptoms
The average age of menopause in the US.
North American Menopause Society
Juliet Leman, DO
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Sky Ridge Medical Center
How do I know if I'm experiencing menopause?
Menopause is considered the absence of a period for one year. Symptoms can vary greatly from minor to severe. Symptoms include irregular periods, hot flashes, night sweats, moodiness, difficulty sleep. . .
- Q How can I reverse weight gain after menopause?
- Q What is perimenopause?
- Q What is menopause transition?
- Q Can massage relieve menopause symptoms?
- Q How can herbal remedies reduce symptoms of menopause?
- Q How can I relieve vaginal dryness caused by menopause?
- Q What is menopausal hormone therapy?
- Q Is cancer a concern after menopause?
- Q How can menopause affect my sex life?
- Q How can I avoid mood swings during perimenopause?
Menopause Action Plans
Managing menopause is a challenge, but our Action Plans can help you take control during this transition.
Check Your Menopause Symptoms 8 Ways to Beat Menopause Symptoms Know Before You Go: Hysterectomy 6 Weird Reasons You Can't Lose Weight 7 Ways to Recharge Your Sex Life
Maple, Walnut and Flaxseed Pancakes
These healthy pancakes have flaxseed, which some studies suggest may help with hot flashes.
Sex After Menopause: What’s Normal?
As if hot flashes and night sweats weren't enough, some physical issues associated with the Big Change may make sex painful or difficult.