Hot flashes? Mood swings? No, you're not crazy—you're just in menopause. Going through the Big Change isn’t always easy: Fluctuating hormone levels of menopause cause a host of symptoms — including some that can take you by surprise. Not only that, but the symptoms can change over time. Find out what to expect and when to get help.Take Our Quiz
Foggy Brain, Gaining Weight?Try Brain Fit Life
AskMDFind out how to manage your menopause symptoms
The average age of menopause in the US.
North American Menopause Society
How will menopause affect my daily activities and lifestyle?
Menopause is a natural part of life, not a disease or a health crisis. However, menopause may occur when many other changes are happening in your life. For instance, your children may . . .
- Q Should I worry about menopause when I'm in my 40s?
- Q What is the difference between perimenopause and postmenopause?
- Q How can I prepare to discuss menopause concerns with my doctor?
- Q What can be the possible positive effects of menopause?
- Q How can I evaluate various research studies on menopause?
- Q What questions should I ask my doctor about menopause?
- Q How is menopause presented in the media?
- Q What is the menopause transition?
- Q Is menopause the same worldwide?
- Q How accurate is a hormone saliva test at predicting menopause onset?
Recent Menopause Articles
Managing menopause is a challenge, but our Action Plans can help you take control during this transition.
Surprising Conditions That Strike After Menopause 7 Must-Know Facts About Menopause Natural Ways to Ease Menopause Symptoms Foods to Ease Menopause Symptoms See All Articles