Is making New Year's resolutions a good idea?

Judy Caplan

New Year's resolutions are always a good idea. A fresh start and a clean canvas provide an opportunity for change. When you commit to change, whether verbalized or not, you are taking the first step to whatever it is you want to accomplish. Change can be a rocky road with many bumps along the way. The key to achieving success is to not give up. Navigating the ups and downs is what leads to change. It is learning to adapt, be flexible, and most importantly how to be kind to yourself. Don't give up when you slip, put pen to paper and make a new plan. Success is in the details.

Continue Learning about Healthy Resolutions

how can i define 'goals to help my child set new Year resolutions ?
Judy CaplanJudy Caplan
"Goals" are basically desires that are put into action through a plan. Goals can originate through t...
how can visualization help me stick to my resolution ?
Judy CaplanJudy Caplan
Yes visualization can help you stick to your resolutions. When you envision where you want to go and...
how can sharing my goals and resolutions help my child set his ?
Judy CaplanJudy Caplan
Children learn planning, organizing, and goal setting by watching their parents. Telling your child ...
what are some healthy new Year resolutions ?
Here’s a New Year’s resolutions list for bringing more health into your life: Eat breakfast. Peo...