question

Why are pancakes unhealthy?

RealAge
RealAge
answer
That large stack of pancakes with syrup is a plateful of refined carbohydrates that rapidly increases your blood sugar and harmful triglycerides to raise your risk of heart disease. Guys who binge on white-flour goods have a greater chance of sudden death from heart attack. (A small stack of pancakes delivers the equivalent of four servings of bread.)

A better breakfast option is a whole-grain English muffin with ham and eggs. If you must eat flapjacks, make them with whole-grain flour, walnuts, and berries, and go easy on the syrup.

Continue Learning about Health Value Of Foods

Good News for Chocolate Lovers
Good News for Chocolate Lovers
I have an ongoing love affair with chocolate. Well, it’s actually more of a love/hate relationship. Once I start eating chocolate, I just can’t stop....
Does Dark Chocolate on Valentine's Day Help Your Heart?
Heart-shaped boxes of chocolate are everywhere on Valentine's Day. The intriguing question, debated by scientists for decades, is whether the candy in...
Can shellfish lower blood sugar levels?
Can shellfish lower blood sugar levels? While seafood is not known to lower blood glucose (sugar) le...
Why should I eat a variety of fruits and vegetables?
You should eat a variety of fruits and vegetables, because it is not only more interesting for the t...