What is the difference between sleepiness and fatigue?

Sleepiness and fatigue are two distinct conditions. Sleepiness refers to the inability to stay awake even in situations in which wakefulness is required, such as at work or behind the wheel of a car. Fatigue is a state of overwhelming sustained exhaustion and decreased capacity for physical and mental work that is not relieved by rest. Both conditions can greatly affect your quality of life, productivity, performance and safety, and should be evaluated for underlying causes so that appropriate treatment may be prescribed.

Continue Learning about Sleep Disorders

6 Foods to Power Through Your Afternoon Slump
6 Foods to Power Through Your Afternoon Slump6 Foods to Power Through Your Afternoon Slump6 Foods to Power Through Your Afternoon Slump6 Foods to Power Through Your Afternoon Slump
Overcome your 2 p.m. fatigue with these energy-boosting foods. By Taylor Lupo  When 2 p.m. hits, your energy and alertness may dip to devastatingly l...
Which Vitamins and Minerals Can Help Me Sleep Better?
How Should I Do Progressive Muscle Relaxation?
What's a Good Breathing Exercise to Help Me Sleep?