What's Stealing Your Sleep?
Find help for those conditions that rob you of energy and leave you exhausted. Millions of Americans suffer from sleep disorders that affect every aspect of their lives. It's difficult to feel productive at work and engaged with family and friends when your body and mind are chronically tired. From insomnia to sleep apnea, snoring, night sweats and narcolepsy, find the causes and treatments that can help you awaken refreshed every morning.Test Your Sleep IQ
10 Best (and Worst) Cities for SleepSee the List
AskMDFind out what may be causing your sleep problems
The percentage of women awakened by a partner's snoring
National Sleep Foundation
Sleep Disorders Q&As
Michael Breus, PhD
What causes sleep disorders?
Sleep disorders may be caused by any number of aspects. For example, obstructive sleep apnea may be caused by a physical blockage in the nose or throat or combination of both, while central sleep apnea may be caused by a disturbance in . . .
- Q What causes jet lag?
- Q Who is at risk for sleep disorders?
- Q When should I see a doctor for my sleep problems?
- Q How are sleep disorders diagnosed?
- Q How can I get help and support for unusual sleep disorders?
- Q How can sleep disorders be prevented?
- Q What are natural treatments for sleep disorders?
- Q What can I do if I have frequent sleep issues?
- Q What sleep problems can become more common as we age?
- Q How does daytime sleepiness relate to sleep disorders?
Sleep Disorders Action Plans
Boost your sleep smarts to help you get the ZZZs you need
4 Steps to Better Sleep Hygiene What You Really Lose When You Lose Sleep Discover the Stages of Good Sleep Sleep-Stealing Foods to Avoid Learn More: See All Sleep Articles
Sleep Disorders Videos
Stress Relief for Troubled Sleepers
High levels of stress hormones in your blood can keep you awake. Try this deep-breathing exercise to calm down and conk out.
Breathe In, Breathe Out
Eat to Sleep Better
Eating a healthy snack a few hours before bedtime can help you fall sleep. But it has to be the right snack.