What are the events that require the most power for gymnastics?

All events in gymnastics require some sort of power. The ones that need the most power are the vault and floor routines. An enormous amount of speed and power is necessary for acceleration for height and distance. Tumbling runs and sprints to the vault can be greatly enhanced by improving muscle balance, core strength, neuromuscular control, and technical proficiency.

Continue Learning about Gymnastics

What can I work on at home for gymnastics?
Gymnastics takes many hours of practice, so it is a good idea to work on components of the sport...
How does staying tight reduce gymnastic injuries?
A gymnast is often told to stay tight, or keep the body tense, while executing movements. It is ...
What balance exercises can help me with the balance beam?
Learning to balance and control your body effectively is extremely important for working the bal...
Are there balance drills for gymnasts?
Balance is a huge component of gymnastics and drills can enhance performance. Drills for balance i...