What are the events that require the most power for gymnastics?

All events in gymnastics require some sort of power. The ones that need the most power are the vault and floor routines. An enormous amount of speed and power is necessary for acceleration for height and distance. Tumbling runs and sprints to the vault can be greatly enhanced by improving muscle balance, core strength, neuromuscular control, and technical proficiency.

Continue Learning about Gymnastics

Is cardio or strength training more important for gymnastics?
The demands on a gymnast are usually short during competition, and because of this, the cardiova...
How can I work circuit training into gymnastics conditioning?
Circuit training is a great way to work both a cardiovascular and strength training session into...
How do I increase my endurance for the vault in gymnastics?
Vaulting involves straight ahead speed, or sprinting, before hitting the spring board. Without p...
Is there a way to know if my core is working correctly for gymnastics?
An assessment of the core can be done by a qualified health care practitioner or physical therap...