Is it safe to fly with a subconjuctival hemorrhage in my eye?

Although they are dramatic in appearance, subconjuctival hemorrhages (SH) are usually a benign event. Rarely, SH can be associated with a bleeding disorder or the use of blood thinners (anticoagulants). If you have other signs of a bleeding problem such as easy bruising, you should discuss this with your family doctor. Air travel has no effect on SH.

Continue Learning about Eye Conditions

Presbyopia: Correcting Age-Related Vision Loss
Sometime around of after age 40, many people notice that it is getting more difficult for their eyes to focus on nearby objects. For many, the first s...
What are the odds of my child having a keyhole pupil?
David K. Coats, MDDavid K. Coats, MD
The keyhole pupil is known as a coloboma.  The keyhole is formed by improper fusion of tissues o...
What causes pink bubbles on the whites of the eyes?
Lee R. Duffner, MDLee R. Duffner, MD
The elevated pink areas on the nasal sides of the whites of the eyes are named pterygia. A pterygium...
What Is Gene Therapy?
What Is Gene Therapy?