Eye and Vision
<p>They're small, but when it comes to power, the eyes have it: 2 million working parts that process 36,000 bits of info per hour. Our eyes allow us to see and they reflect how we feel, so it's vital they stay healthy. While some vision glitches, such as <a href="/health/myopia-nearsightedness" target="_blank">nearsightedness</a>, are inevitable, others (<a href="/health/eye-care/what-causes-eyestrain">eyestrain</a> or <a href="https://www.sharecare.com/health/glaucoma">glaucoma</a>, for example) are preventable. Learn how to take good care of your baby blues.</p>5 Best Foods for Your Eyes
411 on Eye Care for Your KidsRead More
The number of Americans at high risk for vision loss
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Eye and Vision Q&As
Is anything wrong if one eye is different than the other?
<p>Many people have different vision in both eyes. With astigmatism, the abnormalities of the corneas or lenses may vary eye to eye. If the abnormalities are different, the blurry fields of vision will be different. Because of this, eye doctors check each eye separately. Be aware that a severe difference between the eyes can cause the brain to favor one eye over the other, a disorder called amblyopia or a lazy eye.</p>
- QWhat does it mean to have 20/20 vision?
- QHow does aging affect eyes and vision?
- QHow do eyelash growth abnormalities affect the body?
- QWhat is laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) surgery?
- QWhat are the treatment options for viral eye infections?
- QAre viral eye infections serious?
- QHow do I manage my eyelash growth abnormality on a daily basis?
- QHow do I manage my viral eye infections on a daily basis?
- QIs there a cure for eyelash growth abnormalities?
- QHow can I protect my eyes?
- QWhat causes poor night vision?
- QHow can I treat my watery eyes?
- QHow do I treat foreign objects in the eye?
- QHow can I prevent infections caused by contact lenses?
- QWhat is photophobia?
- QWhat does it mean if my eyes are frequently red and inflamed?
- QWhat is retroorbicularis oculi fat (ROOF)?
- QWhat are artificial tears?
- QWhat is the first aid treatment for eye injuries?
- QWhat are the major causes of vision loss?
- QWhat are the symptoms of an eye infection caused by contact lenses?
- QCould one of my eyes be smaller than the other?
- QWhat is occu-lock?
- QAre blood vessels in my eye encroaching on my iris a serious problem?